IMIA News – 2013 in review
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
In 2013, the IMIA News site provided 139 new posts, so now has an archive of 765 news items.
The busiest single day of the year for traffic was October 24th; the most popular post that day was The Pioneer of Health Informatics in Saudi Arabia Moves On.
Among the posts and pages with the most views in 2013 were:
1. Medical Informatics Journals: 2010 Impact Factors (written July 2011)
2. eHealth Week 2013 (World of Health IT) – Dublin, Ireland: 13-15 May (written January 2013)
3. 4th Middle East Conference on Healthcare Informatics: Dubai, UAE – 22-24 April, 2013 (written December 2012)
This demonstrates the longevity and continuing interest in, and relevance of, some of the items we have produced.
The top referring sites in 2013 (after search engines) were (once again) twitter.com, facebook.com and the IMIA website – and the WHO website (who.int) was also ranked highly. Among search strings that resulted in people visiting the site were “applied clinical informatics, “tiger initiative”, and (again – interestingly, for an event that does not exist) “mie 2013”.
Most visitors came from the USA (by far the largest number), with Canada second, and Japan now third, above the UK close behind, and followed by Australia, and India. In Europe, most visitors were from the UK, Germany, Spain and Sweden; in the Asia-Pacific area from Japan, Australia, India, Singapore; in Africa from South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya; in Latin America from Brazil, Argentina and Mexico; and in the Middle East region, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
The full summary as provided by WordPress.com is also available, at https://imianews.wordpress.com/2012/annual-report/
Thank you to all our members and readers – but we need your input to improve. Please send news items, interact, promote the site.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
About IMIA News
IMIA News is the most frequently updated news and information service from the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA – www.imia.org). We aim to provide items about IMIA, its members, and their activities, as well as material from the wider health and medical informatics communities globally. We extract content to provide a regular, initially monthly email newsletter for IMIA members. News updates are automatically sent out via Twitter, and a selection are highlighted on the main IMIA website and the IMIA Facebook page. We also use the OnSwipe plug-in to provide a special iPad interface.
This news service is under continuous development as we explore its usefulness to IMIA members and the wider community. We will incorporate new applications and features when they seem to be of benefit.
IMIA News can now be accessed at http://news.imia.info Contact email for all IMIA News issues: news[at]imia-services.org
SubscribeSubscribe to IMIA News by Email or see 'Subscribe' page for other methods
Search IMIA News
- IMIA Newsletter - April 2017 - High Lighting MedInfo 2017 Early Bird Registration Deadline April 17th - eepurl.com/cKXlUP 2 weeks ago
- IMIA Establishes the International Academy of Health Information Sciences - eepurl.com/cFMyZf 1 month ago
- IMIA Announcement - extended deadline for nominations for Sedick Issacs Award - March 26, 2017- eepurl.com/cFMofn 1 month ago
- MedInfo 2017 Notice - location change from Xiamen to the city of Hangzhou - eepurl.com/cFMjd9 1 month ago
- IMIA - 2017 Call for Nominations for IMIA Board Positions eepurl.com/cENdu1 1 month ago
IMIA website QR Code
This is the QR Code to access the IMIA website via mobile/smartphones and other QR readers.
Site infoIMIA News
Blog at WordPress.com.