NextMed/MMVR21 Conference: February 19-22, 2014
NextMed/MMVR21 (http://www.nextmed.com) will be held on February 19 – 22, 2014 at the Manhattan Beach Marriott, Manhattan Beach, California, USA. Early registration rates end on 20 December.
NextMed/MMVR “presents innovative research at the confluence of healthcare and information technology”. “Medicine Meets Virtual Reality” was conceived in 1991 to explore the healthcare utilization of rapidly evolving computing and communications technologies. Two decades later, the curriculum has expanded beyond virtual reality to encompass a broader range of healthcare topics. Presentations are chosen to educate participants on:
- Advances in simulation, modeling, and haptics that are upgrading medical education, skills training, psychotherapy, and physical rehabilitation
- Novel imaging, visualization, and data fusion methods that make clinical diagnosis and therapy more precise and personalized
- Robotics and sensors that extend the caregiver’s reach and provide richer patient data
- Medical intelligence networks that promote a collaborative healthcare environment and enhance decision-making
- Broader goals, accomplishments, and challenges in the development and application of emerging healthcare technologies.
Among topics to be addressed at NextMed/MMVR21 are: How are bodies and electronics merging? with a morning session on human-computer interface technology, and sessions on “Robotics as a Catalyst for Disruption” and the “Potential of Robots as Next-Generation Technology for Clinical Assessment of Neurological Disorders.”
Full information on the conference, registration, etc is at http://www.nextmed.com or via email: MMVR21-at-NextMed-dot-com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.