New Trends in Health Social Media: Hype or Evidence-based Medicine? (Medinfo Panel)
Members of the IMIA Social Media Working Group seek input and interaction form all those interested in addressing the title/topic of their Medinfo2013 panel – “New Trends in Health Social Media: Hype or Evidence-based Medicine?” Luis Fernandez-Luque, IMIA Social Media WG Secretary, writes:
In order to allow interaction with the health social media community we will post a series of blog entries about the different topics addressed in our panel. What do you think? Is Social media Hype or Evidence-based Medicine? Where do you think the research is going? What are your thoughts?
See the blog post on the SMWG site for further information: http://imiasocialmedia.wordpress.com/
Panellists include heterogenous researchers from the WG:
- Luis Fernandez-Luque, MS (Norut, Tromsø, Norway);
- Annie Lau, PhD (Centre for Health Informatics, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia);
- Carol S Bond, Dr (Bournemouth University, Bournemouth, United Kingdom);
- Kerstin Denecke, PhD (University Medical Center of Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany) ; and
- Fernando José Martín-Sanchez, Professor (Health and Biomedical Informatics Research Unit. The University of Melbourne, Australia).
Medinfo2013, the 14th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark on 20-23 August, 2013 – see www.medinfo2013.dk
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
About IMIA News
IMIA News is the most frequently updated news and information service from the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA – www.imia.org). We aim to provide items about IMIA, its members, and their activities, as well as material from the wider health and medical informatics communities globally. We extract content to provide a regular, initially monthly email newsletter for IMIA members. News updates are automatically sent out via Twitter, and a selection are highlighted on the main IMIA website and the IMIA Facebook page. We also use the OnSwipe plug-in to provide a special iPad interface.
This news service is under continuous development as we explore its usefulness to IMIA members and the wider community. We will incorporate new applications and features when they seem to be of benefit.
IMIA News can now be accessed at http://news.imia.info Contact email for all IMIA News issues: news[at]imia-services.org
SubscribeSubscribe to IMIA News by Email or see 'Subscribe' page for other methods
Search IMIA News
- IMIA Establishes the International Academy of Health Information Sciences - eepurl.com/cFMyZf 2 weeks ago
- IMIA Announcement - extended deadline for nominations for Sedick Issacs Award - March 26, 2017- eepurl.com/cFMofn 2 weeks ago
- MedInfo 2017 Notice - location change from Xiamen to the city of Hangzhou - eepurl.com/cFMjd9 2 weeks ago
- IMIA - 2017 Call for Nominations for IMIA Board Positions eepurl.com/cENdu1 2 weeks ago
- Informatics for Health 2017- Early Bird Discount Ending! - eepurl.com/cCXUzH 1 month ago
IMIA website QR Code
This is the QR Code to access the IMIA website via mobile/smartphones and other QR readers.
Site infoIMIA News
Blog at WordPress.com.