Free Public Forum, Live Webcast: “Social Media for health”
A public forum on “Social Media for Health: The Good, The Bad, and The Possible”, organized by the University of British Columbia (UBC) and sponsored by UBC Peter Wall Institute of Advanced Studies will be held on February 4th, 2013 (Monday) at 7:00 – 9:00 pm Pacific Standard Time at UBC Robson Square Room C300, Downtown Vancouver.
The live webcast link is: http://mediasitemob1.mediagroup.ubc.ca/Mediasite/Play/5965d72bcfaa426cb8843208c7bb037e1d (also see http://socialweb4health.pwias.ubc.ca/) Twitter: #HCSMForum
Opening remarks: The Honorable Minister of Advanced Education, Province of British Columbia, Mr. John Yap and Ms. Bernadette Mah, Peter Wall Institute of Advanced Studies.
Introduction: Dr. Kendall Ho, Professor and Director, eHealth Strategy Office, Faculty of Medicine, UBC. Moderator: Ms. Gillian Shaw, Vancouver Sun Digital Life writer.
- “Social Media in Health: history, movements, and current practice”, Mr. Dean Giustini, Reference Librarian, Biomedical Branch Library, UBC
- “Medicine 2.0 and beyond: where are we going with social media in health and medicine?” Dr. Gunther Eysenbach, Professor & Senior Scientist, Centre for Global eHealth Innovation, University of Toronto, Editor/Publisher of Journal of Medical Internet Research
- “Analyzing the advantages of digital tools and dissemination technologies: The Experience of the Network on Equity, Health and Human Development PAHO/WHO”, Ms. Ana Lucia Ruggiero, Knowledge Translation Specialist, Knowledge Management and Communication, Pan American Health Organization Regional Office of the World Health Organization
- “Huge Help: The Role of Social Media in Healthcare”, Ms. Ashley Brooks, Customer Marketing Manager, Enterprise, HootSuite
- Dr. Caroline Haythornthwaite, Professor & Director, the iSchool at UBC
- Dr. Leanne Currie, Associate Professor, UBC School of Nursing
- Dr. Helen Novak Lauscher, Assistant Director of Research, UBC Faculty of Medicine eHealth Strategy Office
- Mr. Francisco Grajales III, PhD Candidate, UBC Interdisciplinary studies (IMIA Social Media WG vice chair)
This event is funded by a research grant from the University of British Columbia Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies,
and is a collaboration between 5 Faculties and schools in UBC: Medicine, iSchool at UBC, Nursing, Engineering, and Sauder School of Business.
Thanks to Mrs. Ana Lucia Ruggiero, PAHO/WHO Equity List (http://twitter.com/eqpaho) for the information.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
About IMIA News
IMIA News is the most frequently updated news and information service from the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA – www.imia.org). We aim to provide items about IMIA, its members, and their activities, as well as material from the wider health and medical informatics communities globally. We extract content to provide a regular, initially monthly email newsletter for IMIA members. News updates are automatically sent out via Twitter, and a selection are highlighted on the main IMIA website and the IMIA Facebook page. We also use the OnSwipe plug-in to provide a special iPad interface.
This news service is under continuous development as we explore its usefulness to IMIA members and the wider community. We will incorporate new applications and features when they seem to be of benefit.
IMIA News can now be accessed at http://news.imia.info Contact email for all IMIA News issues: news[at]imia-services.org
SubscribeSubscribe to IMIA News by Email or see 'Subscribe' page for other methods
Search IMIA News
- #MedInfo2017 - Tutorial, Workshop and Panel Submissions Deadline - 5 January 2017 - eepurl.com/cwb5DT @IMIAtweets @Medinfo2017 2 weeks ago
- MedInfo 2017 Tutorial, Workshop, Panel Proposals Deadline - Jan 5 2017 - eepurl.com/cvkRvz @imiatweets @Medinfo2017 #Medinfo2017 3 weeks ago
- Season's Greetings from IMIA - eepurl.com/cuZC5r @IMIAtweets #healthinformatics #biomedicalinformatics @medinfo2017 #medinfo2017 4 weeks ago
- A Notice to IMIA Members - eepurl.com/ct6VxD 1 month ago
- IMIA - MedInfo 2017 Submission Deadline Reminder - December 19, 2016 - eepurl.com/ctf_mH @IMIAtweets #IMIA #MedInfo2017 1 month ago
IMIA website QR Code
This is the QR Code to access the IMIA website via mobile/smartphones and other QR readers.
Site infoIMIA News
Blog at WordPress.com.