COACH Announces 2012 – 2013 Board and Officers
COACH: Canada’s Health Informatics Association (www.coachorg.com) is pleased to announce its new Board of Directors, led by President and Board Chair Neil Gardner.
Neil is a widely respected leader in Canadian healthcare. In his current professional role at eHealth Saskatchewan, he works closely with eHealth Saskatchewan staff in collaborating with health system stakeholders on strategic initiatives, architectures and standards guiding health information technology developments in his home province. During his career, Neil has served as the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health CIO; held a number of senior management positions in the Saskatchewan government; and has been involved in a number of national eHealth developments, including being a director on the founding Boards of both the Canadian Institute for Health Information and Canada Health Infoway.
COACH is also pleased to announced the appointment of Mike Barron as President-elect and Liz Loewen as Secretary-Treasurer. They are officers of the Board and will be members of the Executive, along with Neil and Past President Lydia Lee.
The Board members joining the President are:
- Mike Barron, BComm, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (President-elect);
- Hélène Clément, RN, BScN, MHA, CPHIMS-CA, Director, EHR Planning & Health Informatics Education, eHealth Ontario;
- Kendall Ho, MD, FRCPC, Professor, Emergency Medicine & Director, eHealth Strategy Office, University of British Columbia;
- Elizabeth Keller, BA (Hon), MA, PmP, CPHIMS-CA, Director, Product Management, OntarioMD;
- Glenn Lanteigne, BEc (Hon), MBA, CSSBB, Chief Information Officer, South West Local Health Integration Network;
- Lydia Lee, BA (Econ), MBA, VP & Chief Information Officer (CIO), University Health Network & Integrated CIO, Shared Information Management Services Partnership (Past President);
- Liz Loewen, RN, BFA, MN, CPHIMS-CA, Director, Coordination of Care, Manitoba eHealth (Secretary-Treasurer); and
- Jim Mickleson, BJ, MBA, Executive Regional Director – Western Canada, Canada Health Infoway.
COACH: Canada’s Health Informatics Association is the voice of health informatics (HI) in Canada, promoting the adoption, practice and professionalism of HI. COACH represents a diverse community of accomplished, influential professionals who work passionately to make a difference in advancing healthcare through information technology. HI is the intersection of clinical, IM/IT and management practices. Members are dedicated to realizing their full potential as professionals and advancing HI through access to information, talent, credentials, recognition, programs and a broad range of services and specialized resources.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.