IBM & WCIT 2012 World Tech Jam; June 05-07, 2012 – Collaborative Healthcare
The IBM & WCIT 2012 World Tech Jam is an online event being held on June 05-07, 2012. During the World Tech Jam component of the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT 2012), online participants will collectively brainstorm about digital opportunities and contribute their ideas, their passion, and their insights in relation to several important areas, including Collaborative Healthcare, where participants can share insights into the future of healthcare innovation, and discover how citizens can get directly involved in the personalized medical revolution that is sweeping the globe.
The IBM & WCIT 2012 World Tech Jam will be a large-scale digital brainstorm on the future of the digital society, with up to 20,000 online participants. Registration opens on 30 April.
The main topics in the Collaborative Healthcare stream will include:
- Personalized medicine
- Consumer health IT
- Big data and medical research
- Electronic medical records
- Rethinking drug discovery and clinical trials
Among key questions addressed will be:
- What will modern healthcare look like in 2025, and what role will digital technologies play in the transition?
- How can we accelerate the adoption of digital technologies by patients, doctors and care providers?
- How can medical researchers exploit the new research opportunities spawned by the rise of “big data”, and what are the key challenges?
- What can we learn from the “quantified self” movement, and will personal health monitoring unleash a new era of medial self-awareness and pro-active health management?
Information is available at http://www.wcit2012.org/en/program-a-schedule/world-tech-jam and specifically at http://www.wcit2012.org/en/program-a-schedule/world-tech-jam/collaborative-healthcare for the Collaborative Healthcare component.
IMIA is a Worldwide Partner in WCIT 2012 – see http://www.wcit2012.org/en/sponsors-a-partners/partners/worldwide
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.