IMIA Working Group ‘Security in Health Information Systems (SiHIS) Event: 03-05 August, Australia
The next meeting/event of the IMIA Working Group ‘Security in Health Information Systems (SiHIS) will be held on 03-05 August, 2012 in the Gold Coast, Australia. This will immediately follow the HISA (Health Informatics Society of Australia) conference, which is being held on 30 July to 02 August in Sydney – http://www.hisa.org.au/page/hic2012
The theme of the SiHIS meeting will be: Global Citizens – Accessing and Sharing Health Data Across International Borders. The meeting topics will include, but not be limited to:
- Medical Tourism
- Education of global technologies – e.g. cloud computing for health
- Collaborative medical/bio research data linkages across borders
- Novel technical solutions to support global Privacy and Security
- Personal Control of Health Records – e.g. obsolescence, removing data, data location
- De-identification for international sharing – i.e. is it strong enough for each country?
- Privacy protection technologies
- International health data standards
- International Policy Framework – update on effectiveness.
SiHIS WG members may contact the WG Chair and Vice Chair for further information – see http://www.imia-medinfo.org/new2/node/150
Some information is included in the downloadable announcement document (485kb, PDF) and further information will be provided nearer the event.
The most recent SiHIS meeting was held in Hiroshima, Japan in November 2009.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.