Nominations Open for 2012 HIMSS Europe Award for eHealth Leadership
HIMSS Europe (https://www.himss.eu/) has launched the nomination process for the 2012 HIMSS Europe Award for eHealth Leadership. This award recognises an individual who, in the judgment of the HIMSS Europe Governing Council, has demonstrated significant leadership in promoting the use of information technology in healthcare in Europe (as defined in accordance with the current definition of European by the World Health Organisation)
To be eligible for the HIMSS Europe Award for eHealth Leadership, candidates must:
- be a resident of Europe
- be professionally active in Europe.
In addition, the specific criteria are:
- the HIMSS Europe Award for eHealth Leadership is given in recognition of European level leadership in the field of eHealth.
- the award may be made for leadership in eHealth deployment, innovation, policy development, advocacy or training at a European level towards the transformation of healthcare.
- it may be made to an exceptional contribution, for a sustained engagement, or for a lifetime of exceptional leadership, which has had an impact across Europe.
Nominations can be submitted by a third party, whether a member of HIMSS or not, and must be submitted at http://surveys.himss.org/checkbox/Survey.aspx?surveyid=6144 by the closing date of Tuesday, 31 January, 2012.
The following materials must be provided via e-mail:
1. List of publications with references
2. List of presentations (featuring title, location and date)
3. CV with notable achievements for each position held
Nominations must include a brief biopic of the individual and a concise description of the contribution that causes it to be worthy of special recognition by HIMSS Europe. The awards ceremony will be held at eHealth week 2012 (07-09 May, 2012; Copenhagen). Nominations failing to complete the application process as described above will not be considered.
If you have any questions regarding the HIMSS Europe Award for eHealth Leadership nomination process, please contact Cynthia Stern (cstern[at]himss.org)
The HIMSS Europe eHealth Leadership Award 2011 was made to Dr. Jean Roberts from the UK (see http://wp.me/pvCUS-KN). Jean Roberts, an English internationally renowned health IT professional works as an independent Health Informatics Consultant in Phoenix Associates, Staffordshire, and is a member of the British Computer Society’s Professional Development Board. She has also been an IMIA VP and UK representative to IMIA.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.