HELINA 2011: Conference Presentations Available
HELINA 2011, the 7th Health Informatics in Africa Conference, was held on 28th – 30th November 2011 in Yaounde, Cameroon, with the theme “Health Information Systems: Scaling up solutions to transform healthcare delivery in Africa”.
PDF versions of the conference presentations are available for download at the HELINA website – see http://www.helina-online.org or direct at http://www.helina-online.org/en/conferences/handouts.html
Among the presentations available, which address health informatics experiences from a wide range of African countries, are:
- Ethical issues in telemedicine – Dr Walinjom FT Muna, Cameroon Association for Telemedicine
- National roll out of District Health Information Software (DHIS 2), central server and cloud based infrastructure in Kenya, 2011 – Ayub Manya, Ministry of Health, Kenya
- Interoperability and Standards – Dr Christopher Seebregts, Medical Research Council, South Africa
- Integrated HIS architecture of interoperable systems: Sierra Leone and West Africa- Johan Saebo, Edem Kossi, Jorn Braa
- Health Informatics Capacity Development through South-South, North-South and South-North Collaboration: The INDEHELA Experience – Mikko Korpela (Finland), Retha de la Harpe (South Africa), Emilio Mosse (Mozambique) and Abimbola Soriyan (Nigeria).
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.