Social Media and Medinfo2010
As part of an initiative lead by Gil Kuperman, AMIA2010 Symposium SPC Chair, we have created a social media site to collate as much of the online social media interaction around Medinfo2010 as we can.
The site is at http://grou.ps/medinfo2amia2010 – it has several aims:
– to aggregate such tweets, blog posts, etc as we can locate or are informed of around Medinfo2010;
– to provide a forum for focused discussions (in the ‘Forum’ area) around some specific topics;
– to provide an opportunity for blog posts by people who don’t have their own blogs.
If you wish to actively contribute, you can sign up for an account via the site (please provide information on who you are, to deter spammers etc.); or you can just read the contributions of others. See the ‘How to use this site’ page for more information.
After Medinfo2010, we will be collating and analysing materials, as well as holding some more focused discussions, to feed into sessions at AMIA2010; we will discuss further developments after that.
Members of the IMIA Web 2.0 Taskforce are contributing to the site – if you are willing to help monitor, moderate, etc., then please let us know.
We recognise that many people will also use their own blog sites, Twitter streams, etc. – please contact us if you are willing to explore collaboration on this.
Other social media activities at Medinfo2010:
-Using Social Media to Build an Online Community: Learning By Doing – Workshop 904 at 17:15 – 18:45 on Monday 13 September – lead by Robert Hsiung and colleagues. See http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139533066063883 and http://medinfo-socmed.wikispaces.com for more details
-Social Media New Tools for Personal Health and Wellbeing – Panel 518 at 13:30 – 15:00 on Monday 13 September – lead by Pirkko Kouri and others
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
About IMIA News
IMIA News is the most frequently updated news and information service from the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA – www.imia.org). We aim to provide items about IMIA, its members, and their activities, as well as material from the wider health and medical informatics communities globally. We extract content to provide a regular, initially monthly email newsletter for IMIA members. News updates are automatically sent out via Twitter, and a selection are highlighted on the main IMIA website and the IMIA Facebook page. We also use the OnSwipe plug-in to provide a special iPad interface.
This news service is under continuous development as we explore its usefulness to IMIA members and the wider community. We will incorporate new applications and features when they seem to be of benefit.
IMIA News can now be accessed at http://news.imia.info Contact email for all IMIA News issues: news[at]imia-services.org
SubscribeSubscribe to IMIA News by Email or see 'Subscribe' page for other methods
Search IMIA News
- #MedInfo2017 - Tutorial, Workshop and Panel Submissions Deadline - 5 January 2017 - eepurl.com/cwb5DT @IMIAtweets @Medinfo2017 2 weeks ago
- MedInfo 2017 Tutorial, Workshop, Panel Proposals Deadline - Jan 5 2017 - eepurl.com/cvkRvz @imiatweets @Medinfo2017 #Medinfo2017 3 weeks ago
- Season's Greetings from IMIA - eepurl.com/cuZC5r @IMIAtweets #healthinformatics #biomedicalinformatics @medinfo2017 #medinfo2017 4 weeks ago
- A Notice to IMIA Members - eepurl.com/ct6VxD 1 month ago
- IMIA - MedInfo 2017 Submission Deadline Reminder - December 19, 2016 - eepurl.com/ctf_mH @IMIAtweets #IMIA #MedInfo2017 1 month ago
IMIA website QR Code
This is the QR Code to access the IMIA website via mobile/smartphones and other QR readers.
Site infoIMIA News
Blog at WordPress.com.