From the IMIA GA 2009 – Board changes
The recent IMIA General Assembly (GA) 2009 meeting in Hiroshima, Japan approved the recommendations of the Nominating Committee for new members of the IMIA Board. With effect from the end of the 2010 General Assembly meeting:
- Lincoln de Assis Moura Jr will serve a second term (2010-13) as IMIA Treasurer;
- Riccardo Bellazzi (Italy) will be VP Medinfo (2010-13);
- Arie Hasman (The Netherlands) will be VP Special Affairs (2010-13).
Other changes to the IMIA Board that took place at the end of the GA meeting:
- Lyn Hanmer (South Africa) started her term as IMIA Secretary (2009-12), replacing Diarmuid UaConaill (Republic of Ireland; 2003-09);
- Antoine Giessbuhler (Switzerland) formally began his term (2009-10) as President elect, and will serve as IMIA President from the end of Medinfo2010 for 3 years (2010-13);
- Peter Murray (UK) was confirmed as Executive Director for the period to end of 2010;
- Michio Kimura (Japan) replaces Yu-Chuan (Jack) Li (Taiwan) as APAMI representative to the IMIA Board.
In addition, the GA approved the award of a posthumous IMIA Honorary Fellowship to Steven Huesing, who served for many years as Executive Director.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.