Post No. 400 – IMIA Yearbook
Welcome to the 400th post since we moved IMIA News to this new format. It is appropriate that we use this post to publicise one of IMIA’s most important products, the IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics.
With the theme “Towards Health Informatics 3.0″, the 2011 IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics (http://www.schattauer.de/en/magazine/subject-areas/journals-a-z/imia-yearbook/imia-yearbook-2011.html) is the latest edition on the series that started in 1992. Some of the material in the IMIA Yearbook is available as free download, whilst other is pay-per-view for individual items. You can also order the Yearbook in paper and electronic format. The Paper Version includes online access to the complete Full Electronic Version. Single copies can be ordered from Schattauer Verlag. They are available at a reduced rate for members of IMIA’s Member Societies, and to subscribers of Methods of Information in Medicine.
Several IMIA Member Societies (including AMIA, COACH, FDH, FinnSHIA, HISI and HINZ) subscribe to full (free) electronic access for their members as part of member benefits, and the Yearbook is also included as a member benefit to Academic and Corporate Institutional Members of IMIA.
The objectives of the IMIA Yearbook are:
- To present an overview of the most original, excellent state-of-the-art research in the area of health and biomedical informatics of the past year.
- To provide surveys about the recent developments, and comprehensive reviews on relevant topics in this field.
- To provide information about IMIA.
The target audience is:
- Health and biomedical informatics scientists in research, education, and practice worldwide
- Health care professionals interested in current health and biomedical informatics research results.
- Health and biomedical informatics students and postgraduates.
- Scientists and professionals with shared interests in biomedical informatics.
Among freely available papers in the IMIA Yearbook 2011 are: [free download]
- President’s Statement – IMIA 3.0: Connecting and Sharing Knowledge [free download]
- Editorial: Towards Health Informatics 3.0 [free download]
- IMIA Award Editorial: Back to the Future: What Have We Failed to Learn? How Does the Future Look? [free download]
- Information on IMIA [free download]
- Information on IMIA Regions [free download]
IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics : Editors: Geissbuhler A, Kulikowski C ISSN 0943-4747, ISBN-13 978-3-7945-2651-2 (see also for more information http://www.imia-medinfo.org/new2/node/110)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.