HELINA 2011 Conference: Second Call for Submissions
The Call for Submissions is open and closes on 30 September, 2011 – full information is at http://www.helina-online.org/ Contact: email@example.com
It will be hosted by the Cameroonian Health Informatics Society (CAHIS). CAHIS is the national platform for health informatics activities in Cameroon, with membership drawn from corporate bodies, professionals and researchers involved in health and medical informatics in Cameroon, from within and outside the country. The organization is a member of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA) and the Pan African Health Informatics in Africa Association (HELINA).
HELINA and CAHIS aim with this year’s conference at:
- Promoting the development of an eHealth strategy for Africa and eHealth policies in African countries.
- Fostering the creation of networks between African countries as well as eHealth initiatives in Africa
- Establishing best practices guidelines for the implementation of Health Informatics applications in Africa
- Fostering the development of Health Informatics research and education in Africa.
Full information on the event will be available at http://www.helina-online.org/en/conferences.html
The conference theme is “Health Information Systems: Scaling up solutions to transform healthcare delivery in Africa.”
Tracks will include:
- Track A: Health Informatics and the Private Sector (collaborations, economics perspectives, case studies, etc.)
- Track B: Health Informatics Research and Implementation
- Track C: Health Informatics design and education
- Track D: Health Informatics in the Public Sector – Policy, universal health coverage, finance, and insurance
The event will comprise keynote presentations, paper and poster presentations, and panels with international participation; tutorials; ‘meet the experts’ sessions; workshops
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Call for Abstracts Deadline: 30 September 2011
- Scholarship Deadline: 30 September 2011
- Online Registration Opens: 1 August 2011
- Abstract dispositions emailed: 17 October 2011
- Scholarship dispositions emailed: 17 October 2011
Scientific Program Committee:
Chair: Prof. Samuel Kingue, University of Yaoundé, Cameroon
Co-Chair: Prof. Maurice Mars, Head of Telehealth Department, University of Kwazulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.