IMIA Academic Members Workshop – 13 September, Cape Town
All IMIA Academic Institutional Members are invited to attend the Workshop:
“Education in Health and Biomedical Informatics (H&BI): the perspective from academic and research institutions”
to be held on Monday September 13th 2010, from 19h to 20’30h in Room 2.6.6 at the MEDINFO 2010 Conference Venue, i.e. the Cape Town International Convention Centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
Welcome (by Prof. Reinhold Haux – President of IMIA)
Confirmed speakers and topics:
- Paula Otero (Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires): Summary of the Business meeting of the WG Education and Activities in H&BI Education at HIBA
- Bill Hersh (Oregon Health & Science Univ.): Recent developments in H&BI education in USA, AMIA perspective
- John Mantas (EFMI President, Coordinator EFMI Task Force on Education): Updated IMIA Recommendations for H&BI Educational Curricula
- Alvaro Margolis (Medical Director, EVIMED & IMIA-LAC): Workforce development initiatives – Bellaggio meeting and AMIA’s Global Partnership Program (GPP)
- Arie Hasman (IMIA Board & Co-chair of the EFMI WG Education in Health Informatics): IMIA Academy and steps toward accreditation of educational programs.
Discussion and Q&A session.
Closing (by Dr. Fernando Martín-Sánchez, IMIA VP Membership) including a call for expressions of interest to participate in a project related to H&BI professionalism, on behalf of Jean Roberts (UK).
The workshop is intended primarily for IMIA’s Academic Institutional Members; others with an interest in the subject areas, and/or in IMIA Academic membership, are also welcome.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.